Friday, October 21, 2005

DUDE!!




Okay, wow, so I went to Niagara Falls tonight. WOW. So cool!! It all started yesterday when Matt's friend Brock asked what I did during the day and I told him I walked around the neighbourhood, ran errands with Mrs. LeaKer, no sightseeing really. Then he asked how many time I'd been to Ontario, when I told him none he freaked out and said I just HAD to go see sights, specifically the Falls. So he also told everyone else, and they made a road trip out of it, and so that's what we did. I made a sloppy joe and potato salad picnic supper, and it was SO good! At least I thought so, well at least for never having made it before and having it not work out the way I wanted it to. But yeah, mmm. Awesome! After eating, in the freezing cold, we went down to the Falls, took a BUNCH of pictures, walked up Clifton Hill street, looked at some shops, ate dessert at the Rainforest Cafe, came back down along the Falls again and headed home. Sounds pretty quick, but we were gone for about 6 hours (probably about 2 or so was travelling time). It was sooooo cool, I'm going to have to come back in the winter to see the Christmas lights and in the summer to see the fireworks apparently. (I think they just want me to stay...)

I have seriously had SO much fun with Matt's friends, they're a really cool bunch of people. And I'm not just writing that because I think they may at some point get this blog address and come read this. They're not paying me either. A few of them even travel quite a way to be here, like an hour for some-crazy! But it's no wonder, they're a great bunch of people, and their friendships seem so genuine. Why don't we have that back in MR? Too bad. But I definitely look forward to coming back here again and getting to know these people some more.

So right now I'm just uploading the pictures onto my computer from my camera, so I can post them on here. It might take a while...so I'll go do something else for now and come back later to finish up. Until then...

BACK!!! So finally, like an hour later. GAH. So now I can post, now that the pictures are there. Two are of, obviously, the falls, and the third is of the group of us that went, back row is Brock, Peter & Matt, middle is Erin, Brandy & Wendy and front is me, LA and Megan. (sorry for any spelling errors on your names, guys!) SO MUCH FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update , it's great to see you having such a great time . A big thankyou to all the people that are so wonderfully kind to my "little" girl .
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i see you went to the falls did you go down into the thingie with those funky rainjackets? haha oh and did you enjoy the american falls too (you saw it too promise) haha they have to come to canada to see their falls. I still havent emailed but i will and thanks for the email also well i better go its 8am and i need to get ready for work i have a crappy 9am shift today haha power of positive thinking lol anyways i'm glad your having a good time. oh and HI MOM
    keep it touch and love ya and btw i do drive an hour if i go and see you in mr just to let you know lol talk to you soon
    Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth is glad you are having fun and amazed that you are such an adventurous person..not me at all!
    Praying for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We greatly enjoy to read your updates and are happy to know what a good time you are having. Have a good boarding soon and a save crossing of the Atlantic.
    Love Esthi+Urs
    PS: Mischo left for India this morning!

    ReplyDelete